Pumpkin Loaf for Halloween – Baked by Roxanna Salceda of California
Halloween provides us an opportunity to bake our favorite pumpkin goodies each year. Apart from making cookies and pumpkin pies, you may want to bake a loaf of bread sometime during the Halloween holiday time.
Try making a Pumpkin Loaf this year using the following recipe.
Bake a Pumpkin Loaf
You Will Need:
1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
½ (2 ml) baking soda
1 cup (250 ml) canned pumpkin
¼ cup (50 ml) canola oil
1+1/2 tsp (7 ml) cinnamon
¾ cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
¼ tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
¼ tsp (1 ml) ground ginger
1 cup (250 ml) lentil puree
1 tbsp (15 ml) orange rind
1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
A pinch of salt (1 ml)
- Begin with mixing canola oil, eggs, lentil puree, pumpkin and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the orange rind in the above mixture.
- Now, combine baking powder, baking soda, flours, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture made earlier and stir well.
- Take a 9 inch loaf pan and coat it with a non-stick spray or a parchment paper.
- Pour the batter onto this pan.
- Bake your pumpkin loaf at 350ºF (180ºC) for an hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf pan and then remove it.
- After 10 minutes, remove it from the loaf pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely before consuming.
Do you have any suggestions for pumpkin loaf for Halloween? Want to leave a review of the recipes we’ve included above or changes you made? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!