Peeled and Sliced Sweet Potato, Sea Salt and Olive Oil for cooking Sweet Potato Chips
In this article, we will learn to cook some nice and healthy chips. This is one of my favorite meals and it goes with almost everything; you can eat them along with fresh fish, grilled chicken or simply place them in a burger and create a healthy natural snack for you and your family.
This food is going to be super delicious; we are going to be cooking our baked sweet potato chips. You can have the best of both worlds, ease of work and delicious food, so I encourage you to read on and get to work!
Purple Sweet Potato Chips
You Will Need:
1 sweet potato, peeled, sliced
1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
Pink Himalayan sea salt
A baking sheet
- Start by cleaning the potatoes and placing them in a bowl of fresh water – you will need to peel them off and slice them in a uniform shape. Now you can place the chips in a bowl and add the extra-virgin olive oil and after that, mix them for about thirty seconds.
- After mixing for about thirty seconds, you can now add the Pink Himalayan sea salt. Add half of tbsp of Pink Himalayan sea salt and get it all mixed together. Make sure you mix it for about three minutes because the salt is not refined, so by mixing it with the olive oil, you get a nice refined sauce that can give your potatoes a unique taste.
- The resulting sauce is not only tasty but it is also full of vitamins and minerals and along with one potato should be enough for four servings. It is always a wise choice to use sweet potato as it has a lot more fiber and natural sugar for your diet; it is a known fact that natural sugar is a lot healthier than refined sugar and it also improves your digestion.
- Once it is all mixed together, break it up by using your hands, make a bit of an effort if you want to have good results. Don’t be afraid of making your hands dirty; keep in mind that mixing is important because the olive oil helps keep the beta carotene that is in the sweet potato. This not only results in a great taste but it is also a very healthy nutrient.
- Now, spray a baking sheet with some olive oil and spread the potatoes as evenly as possible so that you can have the most crispy chips.
Remember to preheat the oven to about 350 F and cook it for about 25 minutes.
- Check the oven at about 20 minutes and see if they are starting to crisp up and change color; when they are brown, you know they are good and crispy. After that, flip them and leave them there for another 25 minutes, so the total cooking time is somewhere around 50 minutes.
Now this is how they should look after 50 minutes… yuuum..yuuuum.
Keep in mind that you can mix them with some natural yogurt or some fresh fish if you want to have the best results. I also recommend a fresh salad to green things up and congratulations, you now know how to cook sweet chip that are absolutely delicious ! Yuuum…Yuuummm…..
Before I end this article, I want to put down the number of calories, just in case you are on a diet.
One average sized potato … 200 Kcal
1 tbsp of virgin olive oil … 26 Kcal
Total ……………………… 226 Kcal
Linda Rosario is a blogger from chefneeds.com – “The Kitchen Every Chef Needs” – which offers sandwich prep tables, bakery display cases, deli display case, pizza prep tables, and other restaurant supplies. Linda loves painting and cooking. She also has a small pastry shop.